goodbye teaching

my last morning at school started with chapel.  i had been the leader of the chapel committee for all of my years there.  it was something that was sometimes fun and other times a huge burden.  all in all though, i'm sure i will miss it and all the kids who helped on the committee!
all the elementary kids excited about the thanksgiving chapel.
a few sixth graders working on homework in the group work area.
more sixth graders working and having a good time.
my classroom.  please note, the window blinds always stayed closed because the sun is gross.
posing with a few kids from my homeroom.
as a special surprise, matt (the old gym teacher) stopped by to visit me on my last day!  actually, he didn't know it was my last day, he was just in town visiting some family for thanksgiving and stopped in with his girls.  it was actually a genuine treat to be able to see him once more.  of all the people i worked with, he is the one person that i can actually say was a friend.
the eighth graders posing for a picture with their favorite bible teacher (i can say that because i was their only bible teacher...)
at the end of my last day, keys turned in, everything packed up, looking back one last time before i got in my car and drove off into the sunset.  (actually, i drove east to go home, but allow me this poetic license...)

No comments: